SUNRISE COUNTY ARTS INSTITUTE, Inc. (SCAI)
Located in "the Sunrise County," Washington County, on the scenic Bold Coast of Maine, and offering a combination of local, regional, and long-distance services in the arts.
1) Expert vocal instruction, in person or online, for individuals & groups, by Danielle Woerner, one of the mid-Hudson Valley's foremost voice teachers, now based at SCAI's studio in DownEast coastal Maine. (Skype lessons available for Hudson Valley students and others worldwide.) All levels; wide level of performing & teaching expertise from classical to musical theater, jazz, pop, rock. Sight-singing; acting for singers; overcoming vocal shyness; State competition and college audition preparation. Member and graduate of Professional Development program, NY Singing Teachers' Association (NYSTA). Former college affiliations: guest instructor, Vassar College Drama Dept.; adult division faculty, Dutchess Community College; Faculty-adjunct, Bard and Hunter Colleges.
2) Singing workshops tailored to your group or organization's needs: actors, teachers, corporate, music and healing, mental health, church choirs & choir directors, elders' voices.
4) Creativity Retreats for writers, musical creators and visual artists "from away" at our scenic, peaceful location on the DownEast coast.
5) Writing group: The Fish Point Writers, in Milbridge ME. Inquire via our website Contact page.
6) Casual women's singing circle, The Fishwives, in Milbridge ME. See calendar for regular times.
7) Collaborations with DownEast and Acadia region schools and community institutions to present high-quality arts and arts-education events.
8) "Heavenly Vocals": Distinctive vocal entertainment (and contracting of the other musicians) for weddings, parties, special events. Period themes a specialty.
Classical, jazz, classic pop/rock, folk.
9) Partnership with local chamber of commerce and downtown revitalization organizations.
10) Coming soon: "Music to Go": Meditation and vocal therapy tapes.
Contact SUNRISE COUNTY ARTS INSTITUTE, Inc. (SCAI)
Location: Washington County, ME
Viewed 32,099 times